SelectStar Solutions is a business process and IT consulting firm specializing in the Atlassian product suite. We help the best organizations and businesses become more efficient. As an Atlassian Solution Partner, we pride ourselves in serving our clients ranging from small startups to Fortune 500 companies with best-in-class ITSM, Business Process, and Automation solutions. We're a growing, fast-paced consulting firm and offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with a fun, positive learning environment.
As a Consultant, you will work under a Solutions Architect and assist in the configuration and deployment of solutions utilizing the Atlassian products:
- Assisting in integration and implementation with the use of Atlassian tools
- Identifying and presenting appropriate process improvements
- Customizing and administering Jira or other Atlassian software
- Collaborating with team members
- Continuously striving to increase knowledge and generously sharing insights
- Design, develop and modify product add-ons and plug-ins based on functional and system requirements
- Engage in client requirements gathering, process analysis, deployment, and user acceptance testing
- Provide documented guidance and recommendations
- Deploy and manage complex implementations in staging and production environments
- Assist in and lead the configuration and testing of product implementations
- Work independently on small to medium projects and assignments
- Communicate openly with Solutions Architect on progress and status, escalating issues, and blockers in a timely manner to prevent or mitigate fallout
- Some travel is necessary to assist remote clients; most work completed remotely
- Qualified applicants must be located in Canada
- Minimum two years of experience in software or technology roles
- Background in hands-on software development, computer technology, or similar functions preferred
- Experience using or administering Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence, etc.) or similar
- Polished and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative and team-oriented working style
- Ambitious and continuous learner
- Available to travel and work in local and remote client locations as required
- Atlassian Certification(s) would be considered an asset
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to a set of core values and beliefs during good times and bad, acts in line with those values. Practice what you preach.
- Integrity and Trust – Is widely trusted and is viewed as direct and truthful.
- Problem Solving – Solves complex problems logically and with effective solutions.
- Self-Development – Is personally committed and actively works to continuously improve himself/herself.
- Humour – Has a positive and constructive sense of humour, is appropriately funny, and can use humour to ease tension.
- Discretion - Has the ability to respect sensitive information.
- Intellectual Drive – Bright and intelligent, deals with concepts and complexity with ease.
- Composure – Remains calm under pressure, does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough.
- Drive for Results – Can be counted on to exceed goals and steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Fast Learner – Learns skills quickly with facing new problems, a relentless and versatile learner, open to change, and analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement.
- Decision Quality – Makes good decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
- Perseverance – Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish.
- Creative – Finds solutions and new and unique ideas, easily makes connections and tends to be seen as value-adding in brainstorming sessions.
- Proactive – Thinks ahead and prevents potential issues and problems.